Xtreme Tactics Forum

Xtreme Tactics Forum (http://xtreme-tactics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Airsoft Related (http://xtreme-tactics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   CLANDEBOYE BUNKER BUSTER (September 9th, 2006) (http://xtreme-tactics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=905)

Zeta 08-25-2006 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekk05
Thats not the point. With a field limit of 500fps, someone coming from somewheres else could bring a hot gun shooting 495. Rules say its legal.. so he can use it. And then someones gonna get hurt. Theres a reason why the MAA fields play with a max of 400 on full auto guns (.2grams).

Zekk, your still forgetting the fact that 495FPS was just a number tossed in the air. The actual rules are not going be like that. (if you read the previous post, the organizer thinks 395FPS is too much).

He stated that because it's the limit for airsoft/bb guns to be legal.

What OnePunch meant was that he's played with them and they arn't bad guys nor do they use high FPS. NOT "I'm a macho man and I can take high FPS!"

Do you honestly think I would be supporting a game that allows such a high FPS to be used? When people could potentally be hurt? Also both Jay and I would be providing a chrono at the game (which is what I meant by "supporting", I just thought that was clear to most people).

I hope you expect more of me then that. I am labelled "MR. SAFETY Gord" FYI. hahahha

If I freak about about things like how mercy rules should be involved, god knows I won't tolerate high FPS.

I just didn't feel right to "modify what the guy's orginal poster" because it was against my own morals.

Redwind 08-25-2006 10:35 PM

Any one know if its going to be 18+??

Thanks alot.. got a few people intrested.

Yes you have to be 18+, sorry. Rules for outdoors is different.

Gord

TripWire 08-26-2006 01:00 AM

Here's my perspective of this situation:

When the MAA posts games there is the obvious rule that you can't have a gun shooting over 500 FPS as it's considered a real firearm at this point - it's not mentioned, it's just common knowledge. No one wants to deal with making their gun registerable.

Now in addition to that unwritten rule, we also have the auto's FPS limits and the fixed semi auto and bolt action limits aswell. We have all these rules in place because we've been around long enough (and I'm talking the handful of us that started off playing without any rules, we know who we are) to understand now what it takes to put on a game and what safety factors are required in order for a game to go off without a hitch.

All the stories and rumours about SIR aside, this was a posted game with the unwritten rule simply being written. Being their first one, I'm willing to cut them some slack. It's common knowledge that our guns aren't to be shooting 495-500 FPS to us because we host games all the time and our airsoft world is more evolved than theirs. I'm pretty sure this group didn't take into account that it's smart/fair, whatever word you want to use, to set other limts besides the obvious one. And I was also there the othe rnight when Jay was commenting on one of his guys shooting way too fast and that being at 390. I do upgrades all the tiem for people getting their guns just under 400. And yes these are MAA or MAA "associates". So it's safe to say he's on our level there.

Rather than bitching about it and getting all offended, it's better to offer advice on enhancing the game rather than trying to destroy it. We wouldn't appreciate someone looking outside-in on us and trying to destroy us. We're far from perfect and there are many ways people could try and take us (MAA) down. People seem to think that because the MAA is the large body of airsoft players that we control or regulate shit when the word airsoft is thrown into a conversation. NO ONE actually controls anything and there's no way to enforce our rules on anyone. All we can do is try and look out for one another. And I don't think we've even attempted to try and help fix the problem here. Right away some went on the rampage without first trying to help. But we've been around long enough that people should be willing enough to listen to any constructive feedback that we might have to offer as long as it's not just bitching and boycotting. I support the MAA, but I don't support that piss poor attitude which unfortunately many seem to have.

I have to cut this short (lol) so hopefully i got my point out somewhere in there.

Zeta 08-26-2006 01:06 PM

Sometimes common logic should apply when you think about bothersome situations.

Why are we so protective of our sport?

Because:
a) We love it and MADE airsoft apart of our lifestyle.
b) We have invested lots of money into the sport and it would be stupid of us to mess things up for ourselves.

Now think of this. Does Jay meet both requirement a & b? YES. If not he won't be trying so hard to push airsoft the way he does. Or to open up a new field of us (Airsofters) to play at. And judging by the guns and kits he owns, he has probably spent more $$$ then a majority of us out here. This means he should be “more afraid” of losing his stuff. He has also spent countless hours developing his field on his own! Just so everyone can have a good game. Exactly what some of you did when KS:2.5 was on its way. I'm sure after all the construction your bodies were all wasted and tired. Yet you don't regret one moment of it because you know that when game time comes, players will appreciate it and most importantly you will feel a sense of self satisfaction.

I probably meet requirements a & b the most because my life revolves around it (Literally). So why would I want to take any risk that might cost me any of this? Ask yourself that.

Zekk05 08-27-2006 10:24 AM

Curiousity sake, is this 16+ or 18+? Ive got some younger folk asking me about this and Im not sure what to say.

Iggy 08-27-2006 03:03 PM

Its 18+ as Gord stated above on the edited post. But yeah... Would there be any exeptions to the rules? I have some buddies who are not yet 18 but want to come out because they dont need very much gear for this and can rent the guns.

Valkxb70 08-27-2006 05:16 PM

As was stated it is 18+. I highly doubt there will be exceptions.

Jyce 08-27-2006 05:21 PM

I've gone and played at jay's field and to be honest, i liked it ALOT more than OP:PW. There is a decent amount of brush to give you cover, and more than enough underbrush for you to duck under when the situation gets intense. The bunkers themselvs are VERY well made, it is extremely hard to shoot someone that is inside them, but also decently hard to shoot out of. Jay and the guys out there play with the mercy rule, and are more than honest about calling hits
(I shot at jay one time, and he couldnt tell if it was a bb, or a branch when he hit the dirt, so he called his hit.)

so over-all it is usually a very good experience to play out at his field, and hopefully i'll be able to make it to this game if jay/xt allows me to join in.

Ducky 08-28-2006 12:10 PM

Seen change at first post didnt see that when I posted above. GJ much better.

TripWire 08-29-2006 05:28 AM

;) ;) ;)