View Single Post
Old 11-04-2005, 08:34 AM
XT team player

Send a message via MSN to TheToastmaster

If ASC is good for anything (other than the B&S ) it serves as a good example of what a board can become if people don't think before they flame.
On the other hand, this boards seemed really overdue for something like this post, what with all of the people who walk into XT.
ASC has clouded my judgment of what exactly can be done with regards to posts like this, other than flame them to pieces...
Gibson, the bottom line is that airsoft -and I mean really airsoft, not shooting your friends in the back yard- costs a lot of money to get into. To be totally honest, the last thing the sport needs is more underage players getting into it with the clear stuff and doing things that are not unlikely to get themselves in trouble. On the other hand, if you really do want to get into the sport, you'd seriously be best to bide your time, come out to XT when you're old enough (we've got at least a few members here who've waited to turn 16 to play) and then go from there. In that time you should be easily able to save up enough money however gradually to buy whatever gun your heart desires and show the community that you're mature and responsible (something that I've learned is NEVER overlooked in this sport with regards to new and especially young players) at the same time.
On the other hand, you can ignore what everyone is saying and essentially blacklist yourself from future games (I say this because it's happened many times before) and fall into the long line of players who've posted threads almost identical to yours over the years.

"I know who Alexander Kalashnikov is by the way." - Rommel