Xtreme Tactics Forum  

Go Back   Xtreme Tactics Forum > main > Intros
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2007, 07:37 PM
n00b

Default my intro

hey guys and gals im my name is jason and i am 17 years old and completly new to airsoft, but i play paintball. im thinking of giving up paintball cuz its way to expensive and i kinda gets old after playing since i was 12. im kinda lookin 4 somthing different and this stuff looks really cool in my eyes. so can n e body tell me whats the cost for games and equipment also tell me about airsoft and what makes it fun and enjoyable . i should imagine its the adrenaline rush that gets u addicted becuase its what sure as hell got me addicted 2 paintball . thanks 4 your time
Old 10-11-2007, 09:05 AM
n00b

1) airsoft is more expensive than paintball
2) airsoft is better than paintball
Prices for XT are on their site
3) airsoft is better than paintball!
Old 10-11-2007, 10:22 AM
XT post whore

welcome to the site, first off air soft in the long run will cost you way more then peanut butter! this is a sport witch is on the whole based on MilSim, is it fun? Hell Yeah theres nothing like stocking your enemy and putting a bb between his eyes! as for costs to play indoors at xt you azre looking at somthing around the 30 to 40 doller per game with full rentals, cheeper if you got your owne stuff. for out doors if you come and and play with the maa and have your owne gear for skrims its 2 bucks and some of the ops cost more to play. you should come out and see FNG day held buy the MAA for more info check out www.mb-airsoft.com
Old 10-11-2007, 11:16 AM
AKA "Mr. Subtle"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAVEN
Welcome to the site! First off, airsoft in the long run will cost you way more than peanut butter (paintball?)!

This is a sport which is (on the whole) based on MilSim. Is it fun? Hell Yeah! There's nothing like stalking your enemy and putting a BB between his eyes!

As for costs, to play indoors at XT you are looking at something around 30 to 40 dollars per game with full rentals, or cheaper if you have your own stuff. For outdoors, if you come and play with the MAA (and have your own gear), for skrims its 2 bucks and some of the ops cost more. You should come out and see FNG day held by the MAA. For more info check out www.mb-airsoft.com

Translated for those that speak English.

LOL. Sorry Dave, I had to. That was terrible man. Even by your standards.

Forum Administrator

Last edited by john.doe : 10-11-2007 at 12:12 PM.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:50 AM
I <3 WA

Quote:
g3t lo5t n00b, but if u |\/|ust know, /me helps U!!!!111 1st off, airs0ft is Da 5hiz... AIRSOFT FTW!!

teh sp0r7 iz liek pl4yin Counter5trike but 4 realz. Iz it funZORZ? FAWK YAH! There's nuthin liek stalkin ur enemy an PWNING wit a H34d5h07!

B00|\/| H34d5H0T!!!11onezorzz

Az 4 $$$, 2 play indoors @ XT U |2 l@@kin @ something around 30 to 40 dollars per game BLING BLING wit full rentals, or cheaper if you have your own sh1te. For out51dez ur c0mputer |200m, if U (0|\/|3 & pl4y wid teh MAA (& h4ve ur own GATz), 4 skr1ms 1tz 2 bucks nad sum of t3h ops c0$7 moar. U should come out and see F|21663n |\|3w GUy day h3ld by the MAA. 4 moar info G00613 it N00bi3 or check out teh int3rn37z www.mb-airsoft.com.

ps: u r teh ghey

Translated for those that speak 1337.

Last edited by p.phresh : 10-11-2007 at 11:56 AM.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:33 PM
n00b

r u guys sure its costs more than paintball cuz when i bought my gat it was 800 and on top of that it was another 550 for a decent tank and hopper

and for a day of ball i would use a case of paint(2000pbs) which is another 50 and 10 for air
after a while my paintball stiffy got soft from getting f***** over one too many times

oh yeah and r there tourneys or fun stuff like that were a 100 ppl show for a full day of shooting each other? adn lastly weres the best place to pick up a gun?

thanks guys

Last edited by TAIT : 10-11-2007 at 01:41 PM.
Old 10-11-2007, 03:29 PM
AKA "Mr. Subtle"

Seeing as this is the XT Forums, I will tell you about the events XT holds.

XT does do outdoor games, and starting next hear will hold large ops at the outdoor field. There is the CQB league indoors (during winter typically), and last year there was over 50 people who joined the league.

And as for gun sales, sorry kiddo. You won't get that info out of any XT Staff, off the website or these forums, and certainly not from going to XT and asking.

Forum Administrator
Old 10-11-2007, 05:06 PM
not so n00b

Default G'day,

Quote:
... and putting a bb between his eyes! ...

Ouch. I resemble that remark! {:
Old 10-11-2007, 05:30 PM
XT post whore

We can, however, tell you what to expect if you do decide to outfit yourself fully for airsoft.
A good skirmish-ready rifle will run you at least $500. Additional magazines will run you another ~$50 each. So let's say you want an additional four to allow play at XT without reloading, thats another $200. (NB: Not all guns come with standard capacity mags so you probably will need to buy a full four.) You'll then need some kind of load bearing gear to hold your mags since the side pockets of your cargo pants are not going to cut it when the shit really hits the fan and you need to reload. Battery? $50 each. Battery charger? Another $100.
Add all of that up (and this is assuming that you only want to play indoors where protective equipment is provided and you don't need good boots or camouflage) and we're at about the same price point as starting in PB except for two things.
1.) The fact that a paintball 'gat' is a paintball 'gat' whereas an airsoft gun can be an assault rifle or a sniper rifle or a shotgun or a submachine gun. Want to perform a different role on the battlefield? You probably need a new gun.
2.) The upgrade bug. That lovely new gun doesn't quite look right without a new RDS/scope/laser/grenade launcher/vertical grip/kitchen sink. "My rifle doesn't quite get the FPS/range/accuracy I wanted. Now I need to sink some money into upgrades."
I'm oversimplifying here but you get the idea.
Old 10-12-2007, 05:52 AM
AKA "Mr. Subtle"

PLease also keep in mind that to play at XT, you must use XT Mags when available. So if you buy a gun that uses M15, AK, or MP5 mags - we have you covered.

To play at XT it is not necessary to buy your own mags.

Forum Administrator