not so n00b

Default Handguns.

I have been drifting between 2 handguns,

I wonder if anyone knows maybe from experiance or what ever

is the TM Sauer P226 any good?

and what about the SOCOM?,
Old 07-17-2005, 06:17 PM
XT post whore

depends what socom your talking about... i only know of the TM socom.. with laser and silencer attachment.. ive also heard that one of the socoms.. if not all are NBB.

but its just all heard by ear..most likely people will tell you to go on google, arnies airsoft reviews.. and maybe even yahoo. so yeah you might wanna check those places.
Old 07-17-2005, 08:05 PM
old skool

The TM 226 has only been out just over a month...too early to tell if it's good or bad.

The Socom is a giant pistol. Really. It's friggin huge - that means hard to find a decent, inexpensive holster for...you'll need to shell out some serious coin for a hi-end custom one.
Old 07-18-2005, 01:38 AM
XT post whore

There's actually something along the lines of five different SOCOM's

Most common being:
KSC's Blow Back Version (early)
KSC's 2005 Blow Back Version Hard Kick
KSC's new 2005 Blow Back Version Heavy Weight
TM's Non-Blow-Back (This one comes with the suppressor and the fake LAM unit, the real one costing a ridiculous ammount of money)

As far as cost, the TM's NBB Socom would probably cost the least if you wanted to use propane as a primary gas source, since it doesn't have a slide that blows back and can break. You'd just have to deal with a horkin' huge pistol (and the cost of getting that holster like gypsy pointed out). And the possiblity that your FPS could break the XT 350 FPS limit. Plus a heavy/long trigger pull (compared to your average gbb) which could affect your accuracy.

This is compared with the TM P226, which is pretty to convert over to propane since the cheapest slide/metal barrel set is 100+ USD, which is a bit pricey, but most likely worth it. If you're content with duster gas (which is easier to obtain now that there are two different duster adaptors for sale) it'd probably just be better since you can crack off shots faster, and get some decent accuracy.

But I suppose it somewhat comes down to style and what type of handgun you want, if you want a really mean/imposing pistol, the Mk23 would probably be best. For compact size, and for that unique JTF-2 look (IIRC they use it, either that or the P228) or for a more tactical look (or if you have any accessories that require a picatinny rail (sp?)), pick the P226.
-TFW Springer Weapon Assault Team (S.W.A.T.)
Old 07-18-2005, 06:07 PM
not so n00b

Humm I didn't know the Mk23 was an NBB... and the custom holster would be a bastard to get, haha I dont have that kind of money for a holster haha

I was looking on Double edge and it seems for the 226 there are no Hi-cap clips which is a major detterent,so I dunno bout the 226

I dunno if any of you guys have any auto glocks, if anybody does are they any good. are they reliable or do they jam up easy?
Old 07-18-2005, 06:21 PM
n00b

Andy, go to www.airsoftcanada.com and go to their forums. Here you are asking questions to a small group of people, on airsoft canada you are asking thousands of people. You just surf the forums for topics related to your question. if its not there then post your question. there are several threads there related to your question.

the KSC G19 apparently is a wicked glock to use. one of the best and not too pricey either.
Old 07-18-2005, 06:27 PM
XT post whore

Actually.. With the exception of the select-fire gas pistols (Ie. Beretta 93R and the KSC Glock 18c/26C/23F, TM G18C etc.) I don't think many gas guns have 'hicaps' per say. You're going to have to deal with small magazines (ie, sub 25~ rounds) for almost all regular pistols (exceptions being the KSC Glock series where you can shove the large high-capacity mag into the 26, which looks funny )
-TFW Springer Weapon Assault Team (S.W.A.T.)
Old 07-18-2005, 07:23 PM
Xtreme Tactician

Send a message via MSN to kid_ding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masamune
Humm I didn't know the Mk23 was an NBB... and the custom holster would be a bastard to get, haha I dont have that kind of money for a holster haha

I was looking on Double edge and it seems for the 226 there are no Hi-cap clips which is a major detterent,so I dunno bout the 226

I dunno if any of you guys have any auto glocks, if anybody does are they any good. are they reliable or do they jam up easy?

The 226 is still and I do not know whether there are hicap MAGS for them yet. As for fully auto glock, I had a KSC G18c. No major problems with it.
Old 07-18-2005, 07:28 PM
XT team player

Send a message via MSN to TheToastmaster

I believe that the 226 has plastic mag lips like the Hi-Cappa- perhaps that'll be more common with new TM pistols.
I suppose there are good and bad things about plastic vs. metal mag lips... It's all personal preference.
Also, the 226 has a working decocker, which is cool. First TM to have one IIRC. I'd go with the 226, or a glock.

"I know who Alexander Kalashnikov is by the way." - Rommel
Old 07-18-2005, 10:30 PM
old skool

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheToastmaster
I believe that the 226 has plastic mag lips like the Hi-Cappa- perhaps that'll be more common with new TM pistols.
I suppose there are good and bad things about plastic vs. metal mag lips...

I tell ya, if someone designed replacement mags for some of the older/rarer/higher-end guns that had user-replaceable lips, they could make a fortune. I've seen a ton of guns sitting on the shelf because 1) the owner can't find, or 2) can't afford new mags after someone dropped the one that came with the gun.