Xtreme Tactics Forum  

Go Back   Xtreme Tactics Forum > main > Airsoft Related
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-2006, 12:44 AM
not so n00b

Default good scope for tanaka m700

today i just got a tanaka m700 and i was wondering wat is a good long range scope to get for this gun
Old 11-22-2006, 07:42 AM
XT post whore

bushnell makes a nice 4x to 20x scope for around 50 bucks, and you will want med hight scope rings, with it as well , thats what i run on my kjw m700
Old 11-22-2006, 12:36 PM
XT team player

Send a message via MSN to TheToastmaster

Just bear in mind that when you're firing 6 mm pellets, there's a limit to how far you can really aim with any accuracy. There are different opinions about this, but for aiming, I'd say you'll probably have no use for a scope of more than about 4X. (It is of course personal preference, and more powers can be useful for rangefinding, and spotting targets when they're way out of range)

"I know who Alexander Kalashnikov is by the way." - Rommel
Old 11-22-2006, 02:11 PM
XT post whore

thats why i said 4x to 20x toasty!
Old 11-22-2006, 02:45 PM
old skool

You'll likely want something in 3X-9X range...anything more is a waste on an airsoft gun. Also, you want a big objective lens (lets more light in @ dusk/dawn/overcast) - 40mm is good, 50mm is better. Get some good mounting rings, a sunshade, and some Butler Creek flip-up scope covers (so you can make a lense protector of lexan....trust me, having a $100+ scope shot out the first time you use it sucks donkey balls....fat, hairy, greasy donkey balls).

You don't need to spend a TON of cash on a scope.....but then, you just bought the Cadillac of airsoft sniper rifles, so I can assume you have some cash. I never EVER settle for second-rate on my guns, so I happily pay a little more for quality when I can.

Top of the line scope with no budget limitations? I'd get a Leopold Vari-X. There's a reason (optical clarity) that many modern snipers prefer them....but that scope alone costs as much as your gun. With a decent budget, my preference would be a Bushnell 3200 series. Good scopes....around $250 at SIR.

SIR also has a sale on a very nice Tasco 3.5-10 x 50mm World Class Plus Riflescope, which is regularly $350 but on sale now for $160 (waterproof, shockproof, and lifetime warranty):
http://sirmailorder.ca/show_prod.ph...45f2af33acc0ad1
Old 11-22-2006, 02:58 PM
old skool

Whoops! Forgot to add the budget choice.

If you're on a super-tight budget (less than $100) you may be able to find a BSA Sweet 17 in 3-12 X 40mm if you look around on the 'Net. It's a nice scope....I had one on my .22 varmint rifle....now it's waiting to go on my next eagerly-awaited purchase - a Norinco m305. I just hope the recoil from 7.62 won't kill it

http://search.ebay.com/search/searc...itSearch=Search
Old 11-22-2006, 07:59 PM
XT team player

Send a message via MSN to TheToastmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAVEN
thats why i said 4x to 20x toasty!

Lol Dave, I was backing you up.

"I know who Alexander Kalashnikov is by the way." - Rommel
Old 11-23-2006, 09:14 AM
XT post whore

I've found from my own experience that anything over 3.5x gives me problems with target acquisition. The narrower field of view, even from 3x to 4x, makes it harder to take in a situation in full. Afterall you don't want to shoot a scout when there's a full squad on his heels that you miss because your focus is too narrow. I do love having an adjustable magnification for (as mentioned above) specific target recce but I wouldn't say it's necessary since I know I barely touch mine in the field.
The wonderful thing about scopes for airsoft guns is that you can solely concentrate on the optics end of things and pretty much ignore the durability since there's no recoil.
As Gypsy stated, make sure you look into options as far as sun shades go. They really do make a difference. The protective caps are also a really good idea since the do protect your lenses but they can also prevent fogging on your scope lenses (This has been a big problem of mine before)