Xtreme Tactics Forum  

Go Back   Xtreme Tactics Forum > main > Airsoft Related
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2007, 10:31 PM
n00b

Default what is a good gun?

i'm just wondering here what is considered as a good gun, cause i have an AK and i haven't been in a war yet. it shoots 240fps and like 500-600 round a minute. i would like to know ahead of time if this gun is up to par and if i'm going to get owned like the noob i am, lol
Old 05-20-2007, 11:39 PM
XT post whore

Send a message via MSN to Rommel

XT's guns shoot anywhere between 280-300 fps, which would make it around 650-700 rds per min.

Which means pretty much u r goin to get owned PERIOD
Old 05-21-2007, 12:06 AM
not so n00b

my UMG shot anywhere from 160-220 fps and i wasnt doing any worse than i was with my HK11 shooting 330 fps. Heck, i was using my friends MP7 that had a range of 10 feet and i STILL got 2 kills lol
your gun could shoot 160fps, thats all you really need at XT unless your in the back room in which 240 is just fine to get BBs all the way across. It also helps that they use .20g BBs, less weight means more speed, and theres no wind to affect the trajectory.
GROUPING is what you should be worried about, but you say your a noob so you'll likely be on full auto most of the time, you wont need to aim
I'd say the gun is just fine for XT.
someone else having an advantage of 40fps just means if you shoot at the same time their BBs will hit you a split second before you hit them, and if you aimed right you'll both be hit anyway lol
Old 05-21-2007, 10:07 AM
n00b

i appreciate the help on what's good for XT, an i guess that half of the game is the skill of the player, the gun could only help a bit, i guess i'l have to sharpen up on my aim while laying down, and also running, ithink it'll help me for when i'm at XT, or anywhere else for that matter, on the home page it mentioned upgrades. how much would those cost and how much better will it make my gun?
Old 05-21-2007, 12:05 PM
not so n00b

for indoors???? HAHAHAHAHA
Old 05-21-2007, 01:53 PM
XT post whore

You don't need a gun to get kills at XT. You just need to be really sneaky. I know I've managed to get kills when all of my guns have failed on me just with my bare hands. You can also ask the staff, the vast majority of my kills in the arena come from a 160 FPS springer pistol. I think you'll be just fine with that gun.
The upgrade packages that are mentioned on the site are just that. They are basically the usual M-15/MP5 package with some additions such as RDS' and tac lights. If you're referring to upgrading your own gun that would depend entirely on the gun itself. Not every gun can be upgraded reliably. XT sells upgrade parts that may make it possible to upgrade your gun and they used to offer upgrade service but I believe that they no longer offer that.
If you're serious about upgrading your gun you should first find out the brand and the exact model of the gun. Do your research and determine if it's really worth it. As TC said for indoors you probably won't need it.
Old 05-21-2007, 02:58 PM
n00b

that's good to know, i'll keep the gun on a sling so if it fails i have 2 hand pistols, 1 is CO2 at 350 fps, and the other is semi/full auto at 200 fps, and i guess those will do, cause a lot of it is CQB.

so what the bottom line? my AK is alright for XT play?
Old 05-21-2007, 09:03 PM
not so n00b

yes, and its not CQB, its a maze. the only remotely CQB part of XT is the back room.
I remember one game i managed to bare hand kill 3 goat team guys lol
nobody expects to die from a guy without a gun
Old 05-21-2007, 09:15 PM
XT post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCactus
yes, and its not CQB, its a maze. the only remotely CQB part of XT is the back room.
I remember one game i managed to bare hand kill 3 goat team guys lol
nobody expects to die from a guy without a gun

You were walking around like you were hit!

Aand.. Lol according to Gord and his rules, You can't mercy people unless you've got Ammo in your gun!
Old 05-21-2007, 09:39 PM
XT team player

Send a message via AIM to Iggy Send a message via MSN to Iggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak_boy
that's good to know, i'll keep the gun on a sling so if it fails i have 2 hand pistols, 1 is CO2 at 350 fps, and the other is semi/full auto at 200 fps, and i guess those will do, cause a lot of it is CQB.

so what the bottom line? my AK is alright for XT play?

I dont think you will be able to use CO2 powered guns. Well maybe...what kind is it... the one that you get at SIR/CANADIAN TIRE/WALMART? if so then no you cant. The only person I know who I THINK used a co2 gun was andrew... I could be wrong tho.

-Jean Rostand