Xtreme Tactics Forum  

Go Back   Xtreme Tactics Forum > main > Airsoft Related
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2008, 10:37 AM
AKA "Mr. Subtle"

Arrow '08-'09 CQB League - Preliminary Sign-up NOW OPEN!

Hey all.

Same rules for sign-up as the first year. 4-6 man teams this time, no registration fees or anything right now - just a preliminary sign up. Once we get a feel for how many people are going to participate, I'll post further details.

As for play days, right now we are set on Wednesday nights again, with Sunday afternoon as a spill-over if necessary. If registration exceeds expectations, we'll look at changing dates.

There will be a registration fee again this year. It's not determined what it will be, but remember: The more that play, the less you pay.

If you're interested in volunteering, indicate so on the sign-up form, and we'll talk from there.

Without further delay - here is the sign-up link: http://airsoftmanitoba.com/2008/10/...sign-up-on-now/

If you're looking for more information about the league, visit www.6mm-mag.com for a brief explanation. More info will come through the league homepage at www.airsoftmanitoba.com.

If you have any questions - please EMAIL me. I rarely check PMs. john.doe (at) airsoftmanitoba (dot) com.

Forum Administrator

Last edited by john.doe : 10-01-2008 at 01:22 PM.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:41 PM
n00b

jumpin jesus covered in jam thats fuckin sweet!

I hope there's a big turnout for the registration
Old 10-03-2008, 06:55 AM
AKA "Mr. Subtle"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea-ish
jumpin jesus covered in jam thats fuckin sweet!

I hope there's a big turnout for the registration

Me too!

BTW - if anyone signed up on Oct1st, I need you to re-submit your form.

There was an issue with my email server and I never received any of the sign-ups.

Forum Administrator
Old 10-15-2008, 07:30 AM
AKA "Mr. Subtle"

FYI.

Registration Fees have been announced. Click here for more information.

I'm sure you will all be quite pleased. We have taken more than 50% off the regular XT game fees for the CQB League this year. That's even with the CQB League Registration fee.

Forum Administrator
Old 10-22-2008, 12:40 PM
AKA "Mr. Subtle"

Another earth-shattering update.

The Grand Prize has been announced.
Depending on turnout this year, we may even have a prize for the 2nd place team.

Click here to read more.

Forum Administrator
Old 10-22-2008, 10:15 PM
n00b

This whole thing looks awesome. The prizes are nutty, mopic really outdid himself, and the game fees are more than reasonable. Looks like its gonna be a hell of a season! Just need to do the spray-and-pray sprinting target course now, and actually register.

that might help, eh?
Old 10-23-2008, 02:00 PM
AKA "Mr. Subtle"

LOL indeed.

It should be noted, that we only have 8 days left for the preliminary Sign-up.

Get your teams together ASAP, and fill out the registration form online. If you don't have a team, and want to be placed - just let me know.

Everyone is invited, and anyone can play. I've had a few people ask me yesterday whether or not this was a closed event, or only open to specific players. That is not the case, all are welcome to come and try their hand at the grand prize. No matter what team you play on, or what your skill level is, you can play and be competitive.

The Tactical Carbine Shooting Courses we've been running at XT every Wednesday night have been great CQB training for now 2 dozen new people. Scores and videos will posted online soon, so check the www.AirsoftManitoba.com site frequently.

Forum Administrator
Old 10-31-2008, 07:23 AM
AKA "Mr. Subtle"

Today is the last day for preliminary sign-up.

If you do not have a team, don't worry - you can still sign-up without specifying a team.

There will be a "draft night" coming up shortly (date TBD) to get any players without a team together and create a few teams. So far there are at least 6 players who have signed up without a team, so there's lots to choose from.

Also, we are NOT taking registration fees, or asking for money of any kind (right now). This is purely to get your name on the list or the season. There is still time for the full registration later, but spots are limited. We can only accommodate up to 12 teams each season (without making the season last 6 months), and we are already up to 6 confirmed teams.

Possible Rule Change.

There have been a lot of requests for the rules surrounding teams to change from 4-6 man teams, to be 3-4 man teams. A lot of players have indicated it can be difficult coordinating up to 6 people and we understand.

If we implement this rule change, and you have already signed up with a team of more than 6 players, your team will be split in half. Any teams with remaining spots to fill will have first dibs on any players during the "draft".

We want to make the League accessible to as many players as we can, and this is a small change to make to ensure more people can participate.

If this change is implemented, the Staff and Volunteer team from Xtreme-Tactcs (Team X-T, or TXT) will also be split and any remaining TXT players will Captain and Mentor new players to make up new teams. This is an excellent opportunity if you are a new player and want to learn the basics (ok, a little more than just the basics ) of Close Quarter Battle airsoft combat.

Please send any comments/concerns to john.doe [at] airsoftmanitoba [dot] com.

Forum Administrator