Xtreme Tactics Forum  

Go Back   Xtreme Tactics Forum > Team Section > stragglers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2006, 07:24 AM
AKA "Mr. Subtle"

FYI - To those reading this that are not on the MAA forums, a lot of the conversation is missing here. Some members of the MAA have reaised some good points.

I would strongly reccommend reading the thread from the MAA to get the whole picture.

Forum Administrator
Old 11-02-2006, 11:11 PM
AKA "Mr. Subtle"

Exerpted from the MAA forums:

------------------------------------------------
So here's the final word from the man himself.

He and I have struck a compromise with all players in mind. Maverick, I think you'll like this too.

Instead of having a two week cycle for all teams to play a game, it will be one week, and there will be 18 regular-season games (so you will play each team twice before the playoffs).

Here's how it works:

The game "cycles" as I call them (a period of time where all teams play one game) will be weekly. The game days have over-flowed to Saturday morning.

Our original cycle was; three games one Tuesday, two games the next. Ten teams play, then it starts all over again.

Our new cycle is; three games Tuesday PM (8 pm, 9 pm, 10 pm), and two games Saturday AM (11 am, 12 pm).

So now instead of playing 5 games over a two week period, it will be 5 games every week.

We can cover the same amount of games in 4 1/2 months we otherwise would have in 9 months.

And for those concerned about paying every week to play, or the time commitment of playing every week instead of every second week, we have now offered two weekend time slots for people who may not have been able to participate during the weekdays.

We also allow teams of up to 10 people so Team Captains can ensure at least the 4 required players are at each game. We still reccommend a 6-man team and the players can be rotated to alternate who gets what weeks off. If a Team Captain has concerns on how to schedule their players in this manner, I can work with you to ensure a fair player schedule is made to rotate your players for each game.

With this concluded, I will create the season schedule based on ten teams. If the schedule needs to be re-created for any late-coming teams, I will notify the community as required. Team registration is closed after Draft Day for good and the schedule will be final at that point.

I hope I've illustrated this clear enough, and that the new game arrangements work for everyone. If any teams need to drop a player because this doesn't work for you, I urge you to contact me and we will try to work towards a conclusion.

As always please contact me if required.

-----------------------------------------------------

Here is the first draft of the schedule.

schedule.draft1.pdf

Forum Administrator
Old 11-03-2006, 01:07 PM
XT team player

Send a message via MSN to TheToastmaster

The talk of costs over all is a moot point, since you're paying to play at XT whether you're in the league or not. The saving on the baseline per game aren't much, but the make up for the registration fee.
If there's a problem with how much playing will cost for a player, why are they playing at XT in the first place? I don't understand. So yes, if you win, you don't get back all of the money that the games cost, but you get the games too... It's like the promotions that chips and chocolate companies do where "your bag may be the winning bag". You may win free bar, but you still get to eat the one you bought.

"I know who Alexander Kalashnikov is by the way." - Rommel
Old 11-03-2006, 01:26 PM
AKA "Mr. Subtle"

Well, I've managed to cut the regular season costs down to nearly match the grand prize, and you're right.

It's cheaper than playing at XT normally, and that's what I was aiming for.

Forum Administrator
Old 11-04-2006, 08:42 AM
AKA "Mr. Subtle"

The team request system is fully operational.

All team captains should get their known players to register, and approved on to their teams as soon as possible.

Tonight after 6pm I will be at XT ready to Activate Player accounts and take the $50 registration fee. After I have activated an account, that person can accept the team request. All players will be able to see thae join request, but not accept it until their account is active.

For any players who get multiple team requests, be sure to note what team you are accepting the request for. Team Captains should also remember to use a unique Request Code, to further distinguish their request from a request that may have been made in error.

If there are any problems with the system, or any mistakes are made - let me know and I'll fix it ASAP.

The next League Event is the DRAFT DAY which will be held on November 14th at Xtreme Tactics at 7pm.

All free agents should attend, and we welcome all team captains to attend as well. Even if you have a full 6-man roster, we have a series of events that will be fun for all.

Thanks everyone,

- Rich.

Forum Administrator
Old 11-04-2006, 12:53 PM
n00b

I logged in and I was told I have a team join request. Yet, I click on the link and there's no request. Possible bug? Or does it always say I have a request whether there is one or not?
Old 11-04-2006, 03:03 PM
AKA "Mr. Subtle"

Thanks for the note.

It was a bug, and I've fixed it!

That's the problem with coding this whole thing from scratch. You can test until the cows come home, but one will always bugger off and do it's own thing.

I have no idea what that has to do with coding though.

Forum Administrator
Old 11-04-2006, 03:19 PM
AKA "Mr. Subtle"

One small addition to the registration note above:

A WAIVER FORM MUST BE SIGNED WHEN YOU COMPLETE YOUR REGISTRATION. You must be 18 or older to sign for yourself, otherwise you must have your parent or legal guardian sign the form IN PERSON where the document will be witnessed by a league official.

Forum Administrator
Old 11-07-2006, 11:19 PM
XT post whore

Send a message via MSN to Rommel

Rommel - Matt - No team yet
Old 11-08-2006, 06:53 AM
n00b

Send a message via MSN to NEECHOLOGY

I'll be showing up for the 14th looking for two team members. The other two bailed out on me.

Proud to be brown