Xtreme Tactics Forum  

Go Back   Xtreme Tactics Forum > main > Intros
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2005, 01:40 PM
XT post whore

take bus 14 on ellice, towards the airport Takes you right infront of it
i should know cuz i used to bus there with a big black docksport case. Now i have my ride and just drive there. Go straight down ellice towards the airport till you can't go straight no more.. Turn left... Then you'll see it on your left side. Don't laugh at the place though i did that with a couple of friends when we were going by.. And we were like wow its a pretty small place. But when you get inside not only the Airconditioning blows you away... The arena will too. You'll be shaking in your pants during the briefing as well. Good luck ^_^.
Old 06-22-2005, 06:23 PM
XT team player

Send a message via MSN to TheToastmaster

There's a map on the homepage if you want to walk to it from Polo Park if the 14 is out of your way. That's easy too.
www.xtreme-tactics.com (if you didn't know somehow)

"I know who Alexander Kalashnikov is by the way." - Rommel
Old 06-22-2005, 09:15 PM
XT post whore

It's actually quite impressive from up high. Saw it from my return flight from vancouver (also managed to see my work place, my house and Toastmasters house too).

But yes: If you own an airsoft gun, treat it like a real firearm and keep it as inconspicuous as possible and in a locked container. Just a reminder..

Besides: Cheap rifle cases are available at your local (not St. James) CanTire/SIR/Wholesale sports location.
-TFW Springer Weapon Assault Team (S.W.A.T.)
Old 06-23-2005, 09:47 AM
n00b

Send a message via AIM to g00mba Send a message via MSN to g00mba

Thank you all for you help. I checked out www.winnipegtransit.com and I have a bus route. If it comes down to it I can bus it

I live at Stradbrook and Osborne, any bus will work for me to get anywhere in the city, lol.

P.Phresh,
So you like the armalite? I really like the look of those weapons. Hopefully I'll like the feel. How much did it cost you to mod yours to the way it is now? Are the same mods availabe for the M4A1? How long is your gun now? Is the M4A1 a decent CQB gun? I want something that I can use in both a CQB and an out door skirmish or milsim.

I really want to make it to XT for the saturday game at 7:30, what time is it good to show up for a meet and greet? Will anyone that I've been posting to in this thread be there? My girlfriend should be home by then so I won't have to bus it.

With the next statement I'm about to make, I know I'm probably getting way ahead of myself, but here it goes.
I've been looking at the KS2 website and forum, would this event be too intense for a n00b to come to? Would it be enjoyable for someone like myself? Some people in my family hunt so I think I would be able to get my hands on some camo, although I don't know if it would be MARPAT or CADPAT or DPM or whatever... I'd also need goggles (are there any good ones that fit over glasses? yes i'm a four eyed freak!), something for my head, gloves, boots, and of course a vest that holds gear, and some sort of water carrying device. I know that I haven't played yet, but I've watched some videos and I've been reading as much as I can. If this is over my head please let me know.

Anywho, hope to see some people on saturday, and I'm trying to get 6 dudes together for a Tuesday night game next week, the 28th. So far i think i have 4-5, if i have 5 the 6th shouldn't be hard to get.

Thanks again!

PVT B co 1/7th Air Cav

Last edited by g00mba : 06-23-2005 at 10:14 AM. Reason: add more info
Old 06-23-2005, 10:10 AM
XT post whore

Send a message via MSN to 204HOE

we'll be there and you'll prolly recognize us coz were hate by many at XT lol... i know who your are
Old 06-23-2005, 10:15 AM
n00b

So 204HOE your going to be there for the 7:30 game?

PVT B co 1/7th Air Cav
Old 06-23-2005, 11:51 AM
I <3 WA

when you get to xt you can use the m4a1. It's a decent length. With a supressor my m733 is just as long as a stock M4. Without supressor, it goes up the front site of an m4. Makes a great cqb gun since it's so short. I always recommend the mp5 for new comers because it's shorteer and a lot easier to manuever inside the arena, and it's lighter.

but since my gun is such a shorty, i don't worry too much about it. The other thing is, sometimes, i'll just go with a pistol anyways and then it doesnt matter at all.

204HOE is always there... he'll join anyone's game, if you want he can prolly be your 5th or 6th man, or at least him and reggie can be part of your group. But if it's your first game, you may not want to have them play against you.

If you're planning to make KS2 your first game... don't. If you really want to play in KS2, it's advised that you get into a couple outdoor skrims, and ops. KS ain't no walk in the park. Unless the people in your family wear army issued camo to hunt it is not advised that your wear hunters' camo. You need to purchase the required BDUs. CADPat and US Woodlands are available at UAS. You'll alaso need to purchae a few other things, same as you've mentioned above, camel back, load bearing vest, boots, facemask/goggles, etc. If you're planning on renting a gun from xt, you'll definately need to purchase the rest of this stuff which could run you from as little as $100 to $1000 depending on the quality you get.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:09 PM
XT team player

Send a message via MSN to TheToastmaster

I'm a bit of a noob too and plan to go to Keystone, so you could certainly go with me, g00mba. I have my gun(s) but I need more mags, and gear.
I've only been out to one outdoor game, though I would have been to more by now if my shotgun didn't need repairs...
If you need help finding gear, it's not too hard, and I shall be going BDU and other assorted gear shopping soon, so I'd be willing to help.
Bear in mind that if you have basically no airsoft stuff, you'll need to spend a whole whack of cash all at once to be ready. I still do, and like I said, I have my guns.
All that aside, you really will have to get some experience with outdoor games before going for a 24-hour Op. The MAA has games almost every week, so once you have a gun, and mags and such (gear not entirely necessary to start with normal scrims) you can probably go to some.
The MAA boards are where to go for that info.

"I know who Alexander Kalashnikov is by the way." - Rommel
Old 06-24-2005, 12:49 PM
n00b

Awesome, sounds great toastmaster!

Oh I've done a good amount of research and realize that it is going to be expensive. LOL, but it is all for the greater good. I would be very interested in getting into some of the MAA games. After I try XT out on Sat and Tuesday I'll have a good idea of what I want to do, then let the games begin

I'll need:

1. BDU - which would people suggest. looking at the KS2 forum for Blue team most ppl have MARPAT and US Woodland. What about CADPAT and DPM?
2. Hat/helmet - which would be a better choice?
3. Goggles/facemask - do my goggles need to have a facemask?
4. gloves
5. load bearing vest
6. boots
7. camel back

I'm hanging out with that guy whos buddy has the M4A1 so I'll talk with him about it tonight.

I'm an all or nothing kinda guy, so we'll see what happens.

I'll be at XT on saturday. I'll try and get into the 6pm game and owned up. So, would 5:30 be a good time to be there are at? Should I come earlier?

oh, and FRIDAY!!!! damn it feels good to be off work already

PVT B co 1/7th Air Cav
Old 06-24-2005, 01:27 PM
I <3 WA

1. you should look into getting some cadpat. dpm or ODs. The blue force is currently locked down til the canadian team can beef up a little, so you'll want to join the red team. If you need to get an LBV, get an OD or black one so you can wear it with all types of camo.

2. you will prolly want to get a matching boonie hat. most can be found for less than $20. it'll be far lighter and cooler to wear than a helmet.

3. you don't have to have a facemask but you do need some sort of eye protection. Most paintball approved facemasks will work, but for breathing and comfortability you may want to check out some ballistics goggles or safety glasses. But make sure they can withstand a ballistics test. I myself prefer to wear a facemask with mesh goggles, but i will also bring a pair of goggles/glasses with me in case i need to change it up.

well, hope your first time at xt is enjoyable. but remember to obey the rules, and you won't get shot.... by a ref that is.