Xtreme Tactics Forum  

Go Back   Xtreme Tactics Forum > main > Airsoft Related
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2005, 06:50 AM
XT post whore

Just remember, airsoft is expensive like anysport, but if you compare it to a sport like hockey, or foot ball, it seems reasonable,

For airsoft you spend around 500-600 for a new gun and accessories(im talking about a hald decent GBB pistol) then maybe another 50-150 on tactical slings/clothing, which comes out to about 550-750$ a year,
were as foot ball and hockey, if you want half decent equipment, it will cost somewere between 500-700$ a year for equipment also.

and also, the main reason why airsofter's buy their own gun's/equipment is so they know it's their gun, all the quirks, and if they can rely on it. the secondary reason is It saves you Money at XT if you go in and rent a gun it will cost you around 30-40 dollars(depending if you have an upgraded gun) if you have your own gun, BAYUM 18$, and if your a XT member, you get 15% off of that price!

there are many reasons to buy your own airsoft equipment if you enjoy airsoft, it's not just because you are "hardcore" into the sport.

I hope this helped

Old 11-03-2005, 04:00 PM
Xtreme Tactician

Send a message via MSN to kid_ding

The lowest price you will get for anything that shoots semi and or full, pistol or rifle, would be around the 300 mark. Don't let that disourage you from giving airsoft a chance though. Wait till you're 16, have a parent/guardian come down with you to sign a waiver form and play a game. Do some research and if you have any other questions, we'll be happy to answer them for you.
Old 11-03-2005, 07:58 PM
n00b

Well, i have bought airsoft guns before because i just get my friend to buy them for me but i want a better gun and playing in the backyard will not get me shot by police because i live in the country.
Old 11-03-2005, 09:31 PM
old skool

Come again? If you already buy airsoft guns, why are you asking US what kinds of guns YOU should buy? Buy whatever you want....
Old 11-04-2005, 05:30 AM
just valk

Send a message via MSN to Valkxb70

I'm sitting here shaking my head right now. To review the facts:

15 years of age
wanting an AEG that is not clear for under $100
has bought airsoft guns before
wants to play in the backyard

I would like to post an ASC quality flame here, but out of respect for the XT guys I will keep it to myself. I'm done with this thread...
Old 11-04-2005, 06:39 AM
XT post whore

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkxb70
I'm sitting here shaking my head right now. To review the facts:

15 years of age
wanting an AEG that is not clear for under $100
has bought airsoft guns before
wants to play in the backyard

I would like to post an ASC quality flame here, but out of respect for the XT guys I will keep it to myself. I'm done with this thread...

Hmmm.. indeed.....

Old 11-04-2005, 08:34 AM
XT team player

Send a message via MSN to TheToastmaster

If ASC is good for anything (other than the B&S ) it serves as a good example of what a board can become if people don't think before they flame.
On the other hand, this boards seemed really overdue for something like this post, what with all of the people who walk into XT.
ASC has clouded my judgment of what exactly can be done with regards to posts like this, other than flame them to pieces...
Gibson, the bottom line is that airsoft -and I mean really airsoft, not shooting your friends in the back yard- costs a lot of money to get into. To be totally honest, the last thing the sport needs is more underage players getting into it with the clear stuff and doing things that are not unlikely to get themselves in trouble. On the other hand, if you really do want to get into the sport, you'd seriously be best to bide your time, come out to XT when you're old enough (we've got at least a few members here who've waited to turn 16 to play) and then go from there. In that time you should be easily able to save up enough money however gradually to buy whatever gun your heart desires and show the community that you're mature and responsible (something that I've learned is NEVER overlooked in this sport with regards to new and especially young players) at the same time.
On the other hand, you can ignore what everyone is saying and essentially blacklist yourself from future games (I say this because it's happened many times before) and fall into the long line of players who've posted threads almost identical to yours over the years.

"I know who Alexander Kalashnikov is by the way." - Rommel
Old 11-04-2005, 04:21 PM
n00b

Well i appriciate your guy's politness it not flaming me, and im pretty sure im gona get into airsoft more over the years but for now i guess ill just free run.