Xtreme Tactics Forum  

Go Back   Xtreme Tactics Forum > main > Airsoft Related
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2006, 05:02 PM
the boss.

Firstly let me apologize as I have some involvements about the ranting that this post has caused.

He stated 495FPS “as per federal law” on his poster (which I copied). I didn’t post that part worrying that it would cause more confusion and outrage, but I guess this situation is a double edged sword.

When I read the poster and obviously asked him about the FPS limit and his intention with it. To sum it up, pretty much he didn’t know exactly what he’s doing. He wrote it as a MAX FPS, he hasn’t been involved in any structured airsoft game to truly understand what actually needs to be done and how to run things. Ex. The different “stages of FPS we allow”

Think of it on this sense. Before the MAA was established, we just started off having scrims out on private property. We didn’t have any “rules and regulations”. Everything was based on trust and self government. Everyone knew that the guns had to be fired under 495FPS, but nobody really had a chronograph to test and we just “judge” how hot it was shooting by the pain factor. That or when we know it’s shooting hot; we set a better engagement distance for ourselves. Back in the day before airsoft was mainstream we didn’t have the need to have all these rules in regulations. But like anything in life, rules and regulations are required in society to maintain proper order of things.

Which leads to “why” XT is supporting this game? What situation would you rather see?

a) A bunch of new players gathering with minimal rules and structures.

b) A bunch of new players guided by those with rules and structure “knowing” that one day these new players will slowly evolve developing the same sense and standard we see threw our eyes.

Now I know for a FACT that nobody in his crew has something that shoots over 400FPS (they are all customers who passes by the XT threshold and our policy is to communicate with the customers, get to know them and their weapons (chrono) so we can judge what step we should take next with these individuals). That is our job. In fact everyone one of you who has been to XT has been in the same filtering/educating process. And I hope you all trust my judgement when I deem Jay (SIR guy) as NOT a threat to the airsoft community. You guys just need to understand his “personality/style” more so before you judge. Trust me, he’s a good guy. If I don’t deem someone responsible, they wouldn’t be getting any help from me in general. And we would shy them away. Obviously as a public business I can’t just “ban/boycott” by saying “I don’t like your face” (for the lack of a better term). Everyone deserves a chance, and it is up to themselves to see if they fit in this community.

KEEP IN MIND, that this is one new guy trying to organize a semi large scale event. This is quite the difficult task to do especially when you lack the experience. So PLEASE don’t judge this game with a set of filtering eyes.

Not all airsoft groups can do such a difficult task. Big props to Hellfish once again. Operation Prairie wind was one of the BEST airsoft events I have ever attended (FYI, I have attended airsoft events across the Nation). Rules and structures were explained clearly, the organization was top notch; it was just an awesome game overall. The thing that blows my mind the most is the fact that this OP was ran by a bunch of NEW players who has never organized such a large scale event before. Yet it seems every hole and imperfection was planned/prepared for. I only hope structure like this would be passed on so WE can make the airsoft community stronger as a whole. We are all fighting for the same cause. So why make such a big deal on something so little? Lack of airsoft education and experience is the only problem I see here. Nothing more.

And for future references. IF anyone has any problems with subjects they have an issue with, contact me directly before you jump to conclusions. This way, you all get to avoid brewing a new situation in your head and jumping to conclusions. You all know how to get a hold of me; it’s not a hard task to do. So please, get the facts right before you start a rant.

Thank you
Old 08-24-2006, 05:02 PM
XT post whore

Need a BBQ lighter?
Old 08-24-2006, 05:18 PM
better than n00b

Send a message via ICQ to Zekk05 Send a message via AIM to Zekk05 Send a message via MSN to Zekk05 Send a message via Yahoo to Zekk05

Gord,

Being a newwer player myself, I dont know how far my opinions would go, but Id like to add my quick 2 cents.

There are basically 2 reasons why gamers have decided not to attend this event,
a) the "i hate your face" clause
and
b) the max velocity allowed and the serious injury that could follow.

If the organizer(s) could be spoken to about the max FPS and educate them as to what kind of damage velocities over 400fps can cause.. and why the MAA caps ours at 400fps (or whatever the max energy level is) to convince them to lowwer the maximum allowed velocity... there would already be more support from the community and may show just enough responsibility on their behalf to win over some others.
Old 08-24-2006, 05:22 PM
XT post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWong
Need a BBQ lighter?

Damn me not being able to edit my posts. My comment is in reference to my brother's comment, not Zeta's.
Old 08-24-2006, 05:49 PM
the boss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekk05
Gord,

Being a newwer player myself, I dont know how far my opinions would go, but Id like to add my quick 2 cents.

There are basically 2 reasons why gamers have decided not to attend this event,
a) the "i hate your face" clause
and
b) the max velocity allowed and the serious injury that could follow.

If the organizer(s) could be spoken to about the max FPS and educate them as to what kind of damage velocities over 400fps can cause.. and why the MAA caps ours at 400fps (or whatever the max energy level is) to convince them to lowwer the maximum allowed velocity... there would already be more support from the community and may show just enough responsibility on their behalf to win over some others.

I agree with you 100% which is why we are supporting it, so we can factor in these issues.

Once again the MAX 495FPS rule was just slapped on without thinking. Hopefully we (the airsoft community) could educate and change that. At least if XT gives support to this, we can lend a hand. Instead of them going off doing whatever it is that they do.

As bad as people might think, common sense still applies to alot of people. And I am certain that they are not going to bring it to a point where people/players get hurt. They are just trying to get accepted and hope to help this community grow (by starting a new field).

But I hope you guys know the fine line between "supporting/education" and "boycotting".

Thank you,
Old 08-24-2006, 09:46 PM
AKA "Mr. Subtle"

Well said Gord.

Forum Administrator
Old 08-25-2006, 12:25 AM
XT team player

Send a message via MSN to TheToastmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by john.doe
Well said Gord.

Agreed.

"I know who Alexander Kalashnikov is by the way." - Rommel
Old 08-25-2006, 12:25 PM
n00b

Just to let everyone know I have gone out and played a game with the guys who are putting this game on. I found no problems with the fps there guns were shooting at. I really don't think theres anything to worry about and dout anyone will be playing with that sort of fps.
Old 08-25-2006, 07:17 PM
better than n00b

Send a message via ICQ to Zekk05 Send a message via AIM to Zekk05 Send a message via MSN to Zekk05 Send a message via Yahoo to Zekk05

Thats not the point. With a field limit of 500fps, someone coming from somewheres else could bring a hot gun shooting 495. Rules say its legal.. so he can use it. And then someones gonna get hurt. Theres a reason why the MAA fields play with a max of 400 on full auto guns (.2grams).
Old 08-25-2006, 08:50 PM
the boss.

UPDATE:

Jay was at XT last night chatting. And something I find interesting came up. He mentioned that one of the guys he plays with has an upgraded gun that shoots 395FPS (Chrono’ed by us) and he said in these exact words “we told him to put that shit away because nobody wants to get shot by that thing! It leaves big welts!”

Now please note that he was not aware of all the shit that has happened concerning his FPS rule, so he is not “changing his words around” to make it sound better. That’s truly how he felt. A 395FPS gun is too hot and he doesn’t want people playing with it.