Xtreme Tactics Forum  

Go Back   Xtreme Tactics Forum > main > Airsoft Related
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-2005, 11:07 AM
not so n00b

Default Slight problem?

I just realized that I don't have any photo ID what so ever (I really hate cameras), the only thing that I have is my Manitoba Health card. I'm hoping I can use that?
Old 11-22-2005, 12:08 PM
just valk

Send a message via MSN to Valkxb70

To play at XT that might be enough (might depend on who is working though). But for ASC Age verification it is not.
Old 11-22-2005, 12:39 PM
not so n00b

What is the ASC verification thing? Do I need to do that before I play? OR just to buy gear?
Old 11-22-2005, 01:24 PM
just valk

To buy AEG's, GBB & Spring, Wanted, and NAR items on airsoftcanada.com. You must have your age verified. Basically your Full name, and ASC username are entered into a database to eliminate problems with underage people purchasing airsoft guns.
Old 11-22-2005, 02:32 PM
XT team player

Send a message via AIM to Iggy Send a message via MSN to Iggy

well seeing as he is 16 he wont need to worry about buying AEGs and GBBs off ASC... unless someone else wants to buy it for them

-Jean Rostand
Old 11-22-2005, 06:26 PM
just valk

Thats cool, just answering his question about what it was. Never checked his profile for his age.
Old 11-22-2005, 07:39 PM
old skool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy
well seeing as he is 16 he wont need to worry about buying AEGs and GBBs off ASC... unless someone else wants to buy it for them

We don't condone that around here. I don't like to toss around threats, but if I EVER find that someone is supplying guns to underaged players, I'll do my damndest to have you blacklisted and banned not only at ASC but every retailer and field owner in Canada, many of whom I know personally. I'll make your enjoyment of this hobby as limited and miserable as I can until you pack it in, and I'll do it knowing it's my responsibility to protect my hobby.

If you're underage and see yourself as dedicated to this hobby and really want a gun of your own, have your parent/guardian contact ValkXB or myself and have THEM register at ASC. We'll have a nice long face-to-face chat with them about airsoft and the responsibilities of owning and keeping airsoft in thier home. At that point, if they're willing to take responsibility for you owning airsoft, that's their perogative as a parent, and I'll authorize them just like anyone else. Then they can buy you whatever gun you want.

Buying guns for underaged buddies is a no-no. Don't do it.

Crazy: You might not like cameras, but PhotoID is basically a must-have in the real world nowadays. You can't travel without it, and most age-restricted places (bars, strip clubs) will not accept anything other than a government-issued photo ID. Easiest to get is a driver's license, or if you don't drive, register for an MLCC (Liquor Commission) card or passport.

Last edited by gypsy : 11-22-2005 at 07:46 PM.
Old 11-22-2005, 10:30 PM
XT team player

Send a message via AIM to Iggy Send a message via MSN to Iggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsy
We don't condone that around here. I don't like to toss around threats, but if I EVER find that someone is supplying guns to underaged players, I'll do my damndest to have you blacklisted and banned not only at ASC but every retailer and field owner in Canada, many of whom I know personally. I'll make your enjoyment of this hobby as limited and miserable as I can until you pack it in, and I'll do it knowing it's my responsibility to protect my hobby.

If you're underage and see yourself as dedicated to this hobby and really want a gun of your own, have your parent/guardian contact ValkXB or myself and have THEM register at ASC. We'll have a nice long face-to-face chat with them about airsoft and the responsibilities of owning and keeping airsoft in thier home. At that point, if they're willing to take responsibility for you owning airsoft, that's their perogative as a parent, and I'll authorize them just like anyone else. Then they can buy you whatever gun you want.

Buying guns for underaged buddies is a no-no. Don't do it.

Crazy: You might not like cameras, but PhotoID is basically a must-have in the real world nowadays. You can't travel without it, and most age-restricted places (bars, strip clubs) will not accept anything other than a government-issued photo ID. Easiest to get is a driver's license, or if you don't drive, register for an MLCC (Liquor Commission) card or passport.

Dont worry i'm on your side... i was just stating a point.. if he is smart enough he will wait till he is of age before buyin a gun.. so for now just come out.. rent.. check out what you like and then BAM! in 2 years you will be old enough to buy your own and will know much more then you did at this point.

PLEASE DONT GET PEOPLE TO BUY YOU GUNS! WE DONT NEED ANYMORE BAD PABLICITY ON THE SPORT. FINALY SOMETHING I AM INTERESTED IN SO YOU UNDERAGE KIDS BETTER NOT MESS IT UP FOR US!

-Jean Rostand
Old 11-23-2005, 11:07 PM
n00b

Send a message via ICQ to Firewalker Send a message via AIM to Firewalker Send a message via MSN to Firewalker Send a message via Yahoo to Firewalker

Hey, my MLCC card got me into Fort Knox (was visiting someone working at the RCF, Regional Corrections Facility, there)... I suggest you get one for yourself, they're quite an asset. And don't worry, a few hundred years of technilogical advancements and the cameras no longer steal your souls...
Old 11-24-2005, 12:25 AM
XT post whore

But they still will make you look drunk, stoned or like a serial killer (At least the Drivers Liscence ones still do)
-TFW Springer Weapon Assault Team (S.W.A.T.)