Xtreme Tactics Forum  

Go Back   Xtreme Tactics Forum > main > Airsoft Related
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2010, 08:16 PM
n00b

Gas is nice with the blow back option, close to feeling like firing a real weapon except it doesn`t last as long and you`ll have to recharge at least 3 to 4 times a game. Electric on the other hand lasts about 3 to 4 games before having to change batteries.

I have gas pistols that I use for back up but barely use them cause the battery in my M4 lasts too long...don`t get me wrong I love the gas action weapons but wouldn`t use it for a game.
Old 02-17-2010, 02:53 PM
n00b

Yeah, that's the kind of hiccup on gas weapons that got me thinking from buying one, coz I wouldn't want to get out of the game just to recharge or regas.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:20 PM
n00b

Gas is good for outdoor games which has more than limited space to charge up unlike indoors. I have a TF-11 powered by CO2 and it is great for outdoors cause I have plenty of space and enough time to cover myself when replacing CO2 cartridges.
Old 03-04-2010, 03:46 PM
n00b

In all of my gas powered guns they all shoot all of their ammo before running out of gas. I think moreso the problem is that you can't buy high cap mags for gas powered guns which makes sense because gas powered guns are meant to be as realistic as possible so for instance the M4 GBBR can only fit 30 rounds into it just like the real thing.
Gas guns are more realistic and aimed more at the collector than the gamer however that's just what I've found.

One of the MAJOR bonuses to gas guns is the trigger responsiveness. When you hit that trigger, it shoots, unlike electric where there is trigger lag before shooting. You can get an AEG upgraded with devices that will help them have less trigger lag but I've never met (but have only been playing a couple of months) an AEG that was as responsive as a gas gun.

I just bought two m11's and really like to dual wield them and have been using them more than electric over the last couple of weeks. Although, shooting at 30bbs per sec even with a 50 round mag I need 8 mags to play a full game with.

Again, to each his own.
There are surely advantages and disadvantages to each, what really matters is to get something that works for YOU. When you get your gun all sighted in and set up perfectly for yourself, there's nothing like it!
Old 03-12-2010, 10:15 AM
n00b

As you can see I am very new to this game or hobby and so far I liked it. I would also like to thank everyone who gave their opinions.

DHX: when you said, "all sighted in" did you mean I have to try my gun out in a range and see if all sights are aligned?
Old 03-12-2010, 05:16 PM
n00b

That's right. When you get your gun sighted in it's SOOOOO great! But it's not only about getting it sighted in, it's about getting to know it and how it responds to your manipulations like trigger response etc. Then you KNOW you can depend on that weapon to be dependable and accurate. That's the first thing I do with every new gun is to play with it at home in my longest hallway (about 30 feet) and sight in the optics or get used to the iron sights on it.
You can also use the XT range to sight your gun in. I sometimes do this before an important game to make SURE it's sighted properly.

By the way, I'm fairly new too, I just really like it and got into it big time fairly quickly.