Xtreme Tactics Forum  

Go Back   Xtreme Tactics Forum > main > Airsoft Related
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2010, 11:31 PM
n00b

Default Suggestion: new rule

Last game I play, There is least 8 new people(we call them newbie for short). Now, we know what we are like in our first time. Nervous, trigger-happy and make lot of mistake.

However, Last game, I am deeply disappointment on some newbie for don't call hit even when I success hit them clearly. It often occurs at corner when we meet by surprise. I often call myself hit because both of us(newbie and me) has gun point each other. However, newbies don't call themselves hit.

Worst is that I seen someone runs front of me with my gun on them. He has gun on me as well. Both of us fire our guns. I personal see my bbs hit his mask and helmet. His bbs hit me in leg. I still call hit, but this newbie never calls hit.

My suggestion is that Add rule to clarify about this sitution more clearly.

When both player meet corner, and both has gun point to each other. Both players are HIT not matter who shoot first.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:48 AM
n00b

Actually as far as I understand it this IS the rule, or at least it's just good game etiquette to call yourself as well as the other person HIT when this happens. And it happens a lot. Whenever you get a questionable hit like this, it's just fair play to call yourself out.

You're right, we all know what we where like in our first games (which for me was just a couple of months ago), however, it's the nature of the beast for newbs to not know when they're hit sometimes. And although you don't want to argue the rules during gameplay, you also have to help them understand why they're hit so they know it for future.

I myself practice calling HIT as fast as possible, and to call it loud so the person knows they got me. That way, people are cognizant that they where successful in hitting you and also don't keep shooting to make sure they do/did hit you. Still though, there are often people that are jumpy or just accidentally shoot you on the way back to re-spawn. Again that's the nature of the game/war, remember, we're not knitting a sweater here, we're playing with guns!

There are a lot of suggestions like this that are good to tell the rule makers at XT. Any suggestions you have like this you should tell directly to Gord or anyone else behind the counter.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:54 AM
not so n00b

This is why I stopped using stock TM guns at XT. It's not so much that they are ignoring the hits as that they can't tell when hit by an MP7. Experienced players will assume they were hit even though they didn't feel it while noobs will figure they're ubar leet and dodged your BBs. (;
Old 03-09-2010, 10:46 AM
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocalypse
Experienced players will assume they were hit even though they didn't feel it while noobs will figure they're ubar leet and dodged your BBs. (;

Either that or they're so scared that they don't feel the hit in the back while running away.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:51 AM
n00b

More reason you shoot them again. I did have to shoot one person because he didn't see me and assume it is something else.

Ya, I think it should be mention to newbie. Not have to write on rule board. just let newbie know about this
Old 09-20-2010, 01:47 PM
XT post whore

funny i seem to recall your first outdoor game when you had the same problem! lol
Old 09-21-2010, 08:30 PM
the boss.

DHX is right. There has always been the rule that both parties would call themselves out when that situation occurs. There is no point arguing about it when you can easily head back to respawn and start again.

Keep in mind that these rules are often too overwhelming and too much to consume for someone playing there very first time.

Over the years I can recall those who were on our "watch list players" (people who have gotten a bad rep/profile in our database) become a honest player that helps us enforce the rules when we can't ourselves.

As an experience player, it's often recommended that you should advise and guide new players so everyone has a more enjoyable experience.

When that situation happens again, you should call hit and advise the other player to do the same as well. In most cases the new players "click in" and listen and will follow you. If not you can let us know and we can tell them directly.

Gord