Go Back   Xtreme Tactics Forum > main > Airsoft Related
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2008, 12:29 PM
Gun Tech God

Default "Ask a Gun Tech" thread

ASK A GUN TECH

Got a problem with an airsoft gun? Need to know how something works?

Any technical questions or otherwise, feel free to post them here! I'll do my best to help you out.

Anybody is welcome to contribute ideas, suggestions, and possible solutions to problems.

Check 6mm-mag for upcoming tech articles!

I can also be reached by email: xtguntech@gmail.com

-Bryan
Old 11-14-2008, 12:18 PM
n00b

Can the hop-up bucking on a TM p90 be installed the wrong way (i.e backwards) or does it matter which way it is put in, relative to the inner barrel? Also, the semi-auto function on my gun (same as above) is touchy, it will fire full auto if held too long - is there a fix for that issue?
Old 01-04-2009, 12:38 PM
n00b

I recent got new gun. Tp7

problem is mag don't remove or put in easy as push hard on mag to put in. my brother suggest to me that put oil on it. but is it good idea or there is better way to solve this?
Old 02-07-2009, 06:53 PM
not so n00b

brian as a gun tech to gun tech can we go drinks?
Old 11-05-2009, 11:58 AM
n00b

Default IchI

Hi there, I am fairly new to this forum and I don't know all the formalities, but I hope that someone can help me. I recently bought a g&g GR16, I love this gun, but something has to be done to minimize to hassle of placing the battery into the crane stock. For me, it keeps on getting stuck and when I do get it in, the wires get jammed and have started to shear.
I mean I try to be careful and all but for something that costs me a pretty penny, I would of expected more. Anyways on to the bigger problem; I have been using my gun for about a month now, and it was working fine. Then suddenly the gearbox started to make this wierd grinding noise, and has completly stopped firing. I have done all the general checks that I know; jams, battery levels, lubricated, cleaned barrel. I don't want to take my gun apart just yet, and most importantly, I have no idea of what I'm doing if I did.
Can anyone help, otherwise it's a lots cause and I just wasted a lot of money.....
Old 11-05-2009, 12:11 PM
I <3 WA

Without actually hearing what that grinding noise may be... if it sounds like a high pitched whine... then it might be that the motor in the grip needs to be pushed up higher to make better contact with the gears.

There's a little flathead screw on the bottom of the pistol grip. Tighten that 1/8 - 1/4 turn and pull the trigger a little bit and see if that helps at all, if it starts to shoot, then tighten the screw a little bit more and test it and leave it if it works.

either that's your problem... or you stripped your gears and you'll have to replace the gear set.

this is all at your pwn risk btw.... if you can take it into XT, i'd let them look at it rather than further destroying your AEG.

As for your crane stock battery, take a round file and file out the inside of the battery compartment so the battery will slide in and out of the compartment easier. You can also modify the battery/gun connectors to Dean's connectors to take up less space and give you more room for the wires. Also try not to collapse and expand the stock. Sliding the buttstock is causing wear on the wires cause there's not a whole lot of space to move around.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:29 AM
n00b

Default IchI

First off I would like to thank p.phresh for his/her suggestion. I am really gonna try that filing down for the crane stock and change the connectors. Secondly, the sound is emanating from the reciever more so then the grip but I will try it anyways.
I should just take it in to XT this weekend to see if they can help me out. I will update to see if everything pans out.
Good Hunting Everyone!!

Once again Thanks!
Old 04-30-2010, 01:26 PM
n00b

Default DPMS Panther Arms

I have a DPMS panther and its fairly basic as tac rails go...seeing as it has none lol. I just wanted to inquire about the top rear sight rail. I have a scope that i would like to mount but when i removed the rear sight and installed the scope it was hugging the gun a little too close. Is there an accessory which will allow me to put a scope on top of the handle?
Old 07-27-2010, 02:21 PM
n00b

if your ar has a hole in the middle of the carry handle then you can look on the xt online store, there are carry handle conversions under the rails and mounts section. if you dont have the hole bring out a drill or get a different handle! hope that helps
Old 11-15-2010, 04:18 PM
n00b

Hello, An airsoft rifle I was considering buying has 380 fps, and I was wondering how I would make it the maximum allowed.