Xtreme Tactics Forum  

Go Back   Xtreme Tactics Forum > main > Airsoft Related
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2005, 03:38 PM
n00b

Default What type of Gun should I get??

Well i am looking for a gun that is first off under or around 100 dollars, i would prefer it to have fully auto shooting and semi auto, and i would also like for it to look like a nice milatary gun (not clear).

Thanks,
Gibson19
Old 11-02-2005, 03:45 PM
XT team player

Send a message via AIM to Iggy Send a message via MSN to Iggy

i dont know of any gun thats 100 bucks.... and if they have them they are probably bad. what kind of gun were you looking for? AEG/GBB?

-Jean Rostand
Old 11-02-2005, 03:47 PM
n00b

I am looking for an AEG and I'm not really looking into buying a 300$ gun just because i cant really afford it. But any suggestions would be very helpful.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:59 PM
n00b

I've found the best activity if you're interested in getting into airsoft or buying is to read Airsoft Canada Forums, specifically FAQ's (like here..., or to read the newbie guide posted right here in the forum.
Or if you're specifically looking for entry prices etc, use a price guide

lots of info out there. just giving you the tip of the iceberg.
hope that helps.
Old 11-02-2005, 04:07 PM
n00b

Thanks a lot that helped me much lots
Old 11-02-2005, 04:42 PM
XT team player

Send a message via AIM to Iggy Send a message via MSN to Iggy

yeah you deffinetly wont find an AEG for 100 bucks....except the BOYS M4A1....which sucks

-Jean Rostand
Old 11-02-2005, 06:09 PM
n00b

Well then maybe i just cant play airsoft
Old 11-02-2005, 06:11 PM
old skool

If all you have is $100, you're clearly not ready for airsoft. To be competitive and self-sufficient, you need to spend at least $400-500, probably more. At the absolute bare minimum, you need:

Goggles - $40 and up
Gun - $200 minimum for a used pistol, $350 minimum for a used AEG
Battery and/or Propane Adaptor - $40-$60 each
Battery Charger - $70 and up
BB's - $25

That just gets you into the game, and you're going to get "pwned", as the kids nowadays say it, buy those of us who have multiple highly-upgraded guns worth $2000+.....

My personal collection is 6 AEG's....total value about $4500. I've got about $2500 in other assorted gear (BDU's, mags, batteries, radios, backpacks, boots, vests and load bearing gear, etc.)

This may sound odd, but how old are you, and what do you do for a living?
Old 11-02-2005, 06:38 PM
n00b

Well the thing is im not like hard core into this i just want a gun so i can play some backyard games with my friends, although i wouldnt mind playing at XT once or twice with some friends. I am 15 and i go to school for a living (please dont be stupid because im young though) but i found a gun on this site it looks pretty good but i dont no http://http://www.airsplat.com/Item...NE688BH&eq=&Tp=

Last edited by Gibson19 : 11-02-2005 at 07:01 PM.
Old 11-02-2005, 07:40 PM
old skool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibson19
Well the thing is im not like hard core into this i just want a gun so i can play some backyard games with my friends, although i wouldnt mind playing at XT once or twice with some friends. I am 15 and i go to school for a living (please dont be stupid because im young though) but i found a gun on this site it looks pretty good but i dont no http://http://www.airsplat.com/Item...NE688BH&eq=&Tp=

See, now there's the problem. Let me sort some things out for you:

1) You will have a real tough time finding someone to sell you an airsoft gun, since you are a minor. Most reputable places will only sell to people 18+.

2) Playing in your backyard is dumb. It will get you shot by the police. Think I'm kidding? Guess again....at 15 feet a police officer can't tell if these guns are real or fake. Due to the recent spree of gang shootings in the city, they will tend to shoot first and ask questions later.

3) It is illegal to import airsoft guns into Canada without some very specific permits. Those permits cost about $8000, and you have to be working in the movie industry to apply for them. I know this because I worked part-time in the movie industry.

4) If you do try and "sneak something by" Customs Canada, you will be caught. Getting caught means they sieze your brand new gun and destroy it. Getting caught also means you go are branded as a security threat and your name goes on a watchlist and EVERYTHING that is addressed to you from outside the country will be opened and inspected. Any time you cross the border, you are going to be harrassed by Customs agents because the database will list you as a known smuggler and security threat. I know this because my father is the former head (retired) of T2 Compliance Division at Canada Customs and Revenue.

Airsoft is not going anywhere. Come back in 2 or 3 years when you have a steady part-time job and can afford to get some decent gear. In the meantime, play paintball, a hobby that welcomes players under 18.

Last edited by gypsy : 11-02-2005 at 07:43 PM.